Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

We Tried Veggies!!

Yesterday, the girls got their first veggies!!! We gave them carrots and they did so well! I was such a proud momma!!!!! I split a container of carrots between the girls and they both finished their half. I couldn't bellieve it!!!!! I thought they might take a few bites and then be done with them since it was something new. NOPE.....not my girls! They didn't even make a funny face, they just wanted to eat! Haylie was even trying to feed herself with the spoon. As soon as I would get the spoon close to her face, she would grab the handle and stick the spoon in her mouth! I have some pictures and will post them as soon as I find my stupid camera cable. I have no idea where the damn thing is!

I think our next veggie to try will be squash, then sweet potatoes. Probably a new veggie every 3 days or so. I am glad they enjoyed their carrots because Mommy doesn't like them. My idea of veggies is macaroni & cheese! However, I want my children to eat better than I do. So far it seems like they have Daddy's taste in food, so I hope it stays this way!

5 comments:

  1. Thats so great Lauren!!! Im sooo glad they loved their carrots!!

    Its going to get so much more exciting, you will see :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh it sounds like you have such good girls..I hope I have goodluck like that with Mason!!

    Hey I've been emailing you at your work email but haven't got any responses, are you receiving them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan, I haven't gotten any emails from you at my work or at my home email. I will send you an email from my work and you can make sure you have the right one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great Lauren! Yum veggies! I'm sure anything is better than cereal and milk all the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!! I can't wait to see pics :-D I'm so glad they enjoyed their first veggie and ate it all up! I hope Delilah eats veggies like her grammy because we really don't eat them like we should.

    ReplyDelete