Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

6 Month Check Up

The girls had their 6 month check up yesterday. Since birth, the girls have been gaining about a pound a month each. The pediatrician said that was great and he was happy with their progress.

Well, at the 4 month check up the girls weighed in and Haylie was 9lb8oz and Hannah was 9lb3oz. I was hoping that they would be at least 12lbs this time since they started baby food and cereals.

So I put Haylie on the scale and I see 12.1, 12.4, 12.9, 13.2, 13.6!!!!! Haylie weighed 13lb6oz!!! She was also 25 1/2 inches long! I was so proud of how much she had grown in 2 months!

Next, Daddy put Hannah on the scale while Mommy was helping the other nurse measure Haylie's length. (We always have 2 nurses in the room so they can tag team getting measurements.) I asked Daddy how much Hannah weighed and he says "13lb1oz!!!" She was 25 3/4 inches long! Again, I am so proud!

Next they had to get nasty shots :( I didn't like this part but they were soldiers and barely cried. I am just so happy they are growing so well. I guess in a weird way it makes me feel like we are taking good care of them and meeting their needs. I second guess myself so much. Sometimes I wish I could give each of my girls ALL of me instead of having to share my attention between them. But at the same time, I would never trade having both of them for anything else in this world!

Just a little recap on measurements for the girls:

Haylie Kaden
Birth: 5lb6oz 18 1/4 inches
6 mo: 13lb6oz 25 1/2 inches

Hannah Jalen
Birth: 5lb9oz 18 1/4 inches
6 mo: 13lb1oz 25 3/4 inches

4 comments:

  1. Thats so great Lauren!!! Im glad that appt went well and atleast at the 9mth we get a break from these damn shots. I know you how feel about the weight and stuff. I feel the same way, I even bought a baby scale to make sure I feel like Im doing the right thing. I know it sounds crazy but Im sure were doing the best thing for our babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww that is great, I'm glad the appt went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome growth! Great that they've always been so close in size. Mine have always been at least a pound and a half apart. The littler, Lily, out eats her sister by a landslide, but she never stops moving and burns every calorie before they can stick (if only I could say the same!) Are your babies personalities similar or totally different?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls have different but similar personalities if that makes sense. Both of my girls are happy 95% of the time but Hannah is more laid back while Haylie is a firecracker! Hannah would rather lounge around and play while Haylie tries to get into everything! But they take turns being leader/follower and bully/victim. They usually trade off every other day. It's so funny to watch them! How about your girls?

    ReplyDelete