Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Beyond Pissed

Ok, so I need to vent here before I say anything to DF. I don't want to open up to him first in fear that I will say something out of anger and cause even more problems.

Well FMIL calls DF and wants to make plans for Mother's Day. What she wants to do is get everyone together (DF, his brother, brother's girlfriend, me, the girls, and DFs dad) to celebrate her Mother's Day and DFs dads birthday, which was Tuesday.

My reaction: UMMMM NO!!!!!!! This is my very first Mother's Day. One that I have waited on, tried for, and endured 11 heartbreaking months to get to while TTC. She has had 25 mother's days and I don't feel like I am being unreasonable about wanting to spend my first Mother's Day with MY children.

I have even talked to my mom about my wishes and she understands. I am not saying that I am going to spend every Mother's Day with just my kids and DF but this year is special, it's my first and I feel like FMIL is trying to rob me of that. Every holiday so far, we have bent over backwards to make sure that everyone got to share in the girls first holiday's, which ever one it was at the time. But this is supposed to be about Mother's and this is my first year as a mother.

I know that FMIL is still a mom and she wants to enjoy her day as well but just this once, can't she give in to give me a special moment with my kids?? Let me celebrate what we tried so hard to achieve? Am I asking too much??

I would never ask DF to spend his first Father's Day with my family celebrating someone else's birthday. I just feel like his mom is doing this to spite me. Here lately she is progressively getting worse and turning into Monster-In-Law. I have always loved her and got along but since the girls have been here, it feels like she tries everything under the sun to get under my skin.

I don't want to cause any problems with his family but I don't feel like I should have to sacrifice my very first Mother's Day just to please her. I think I am going to tell DF that he can go hang out with his family if he wants, but I am not going and neither are the girls. I am spending the day with them. If I am not even going to spend the day with MY mom, I definitely am not spending the day with his mom.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get this off my chest. I felt like I was going to explode if I didn't get it out. If you made it this far along in my bitching, congrats! You are a trooper!!

4 comments:

  1. No I TOTALLY see where you are coming from and Lance should understand too!! You did work soo hard to get here and you deserve to have a day all about YOU and the GIRLS! You aren't being unreasonable at all girl so tell him whats up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have a serious chat with your DF. You both need to be on the same page. Explain to him that it is only for this year since it is your first. I am sure he will understand.

    I spent my first Mother's Day with my Mom but that was because she was here helping me out. The boys were only 9 days old then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should definitely talk to DF about how you feel... and I hope that if/when you do he's understanding about it. Like you said, if you're not spending Mother's Day with your ~own~ mother than why would you with his mother too?

    Happy Mother's Day & I love your wedding dress!!

    ReplyDelete