I haven't had much to blog about lately plus I am sick with a nasty sinus infection. I feel completely miserable :(
BUT.....now I do have something to blog about.
So I think we are going to have to get an attorney to get Haylie's medical bills paid by Kroger. GRRRR!!! The manager was super nice and helpful but I got a letter from their claims company saying that they did not feel like they were negligent. UH WHAT????? There was a huge crater in the parking lot that was not blocked off.
They said that a crane had come in to put an AC unit on the roof and the crane made the hole so it wasn't their fault. Ummmm I don't think so.
I really didn't want to get a lawyer and go through a bunch of crap but if they want to play hard ball, I'M GAME!!! You don't mess with my kids. Plus it seems so much more logical to just pay the small bills than to risk getting their ass sued off.
But since I guess this is the route they want to go, ok. And I know we will win. Even an attorney said they should count their blessings that we weren't suing b/c we could own that store. I don't want to sue them. I don't want to be one of THOSE people who make money from an accident. It just seems wrong to me. But in all fairness, we gave them a chance to make things right.
I guess I am just feeling torn. I don't want to sue because Haylie is ok. But if they aren't willing to accept responsibility, what other choice do I have??
Oh and Liz, if you are reading this, will you invite me to your new blog?? My email is Lauren_Chelle@yahoo.com
Communication has started
10 years ago


Sorry to hear that they are going to make you go through a lawyer. Do whatever you need to do to at least get your medical bills paid. I can't believe that they are trying to pass the buck! Maybe they should go after the company that put in the AC unit??
ReplyDeleteTo me it's like saying that they are not responsible for taking care of the snow and ice that accumulates on their parking lot of sidewalks because mother nature put it there! Some people!!!
Good luck and let us know how it goes...
I see where you are coming from and they are responsible to make sure that there are precautions made to prevent this from happening. When you bring in a lawyer, they will need to be paid as well. If it were me I would sue. Look at what they are putting you through to get these med bills covered. Now you are going to have to deal with harassing phone calls until the med bills are paid. Obviously, if your lawyer says you have a case, then I would make one. Its there own fault. I use to think the same way as you, until I started working in the legal proffession and I see how much these claims are worth. Sometimes you can't see the damage right off, but something may turn up to be wrong with Haylie. You just don't want to take that chance. She could have pain and suffering issues down the road. Why not take care of it now instead of regretting it later..
ReplyDelete(((HUGS))) I'm with you on what ever you decide.
You definitely need to go after them so this doesn't happen to another baby. I just can't believe they would be so stupid to try to deny their responsiblilty. Get a lawyer!
ReplyDeleteIt is so ridiculous that they're not going to cooperate now. I know you don't wanna be one of "those" people but they're putting you in a situation that you can't avoid. It was so their fault- it's their responsiblilty to take care of their parking lot! Ugh!!
ReplyDelete