Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

A poll of sorts

So Lance and I have opened the discussion of EVENTUALLY trying for another child(ren). He is a little more hesitant than I am but definitely still open to the idea. For me, I don't think I would feel complete without another addition(s). I love my girls dearly but I feel this internal need for more. The only thing that even gives me a little pause is that it is difficult to do things now with the girls. It is such a task to load everything up to go somewhere or try to get some time alone. I know this will not get any easier if we have more.

I guess maybe I am just looking for an outsiders prospective. I know there are a couple twin moms that read my blog, so what are your feelings of adding more children to your family? Parents of singletons, what are your feelings? If we do decide to try again, it will not be until after the wedding.

Even though it would be a while before we TTC again, I find myself catching baby fever even now. My girls are growing so fast and I just miss the sweet newborn stage. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Nothing could have prepared me for this, even though I have always heard that time flies by. It never truly occurred to me until my girls were born.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, I know exactly how you feel. My DH and I have talked briefly about having another baby. I think it might be a little while yet before we start trying though. My guess is in the New Year. That way the boys will be over two before the new baby (or babies) is born.

    I don't want to wait too long before trying again, though. DH always wanted 4 children so I think there may be another pregnancy after the next one (unless it's twins again!). My biggest fear is that when we go to try for the fourth child, that is when we are going to have twins again. It wouldn't be all that surprising since that is the pattern my grandmother had (twins, singleton, twins, singleton).

    Let's just say that there is lots to think about and plan for. But, I too am starting to get the urge to be pregnant again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH & I have talked about adding another LO to our family but it we wouldn't start trying until Delilah is at least 2 1/2 to 3. Or possibly not at all... I keep changing my mind back & forth. I miss when Delilah was a new born & cuddling with her and her falling asleep while she was nursing. She's so not a cuddly baby now LoL I saw how it was for my friend going from one to two & I think you have the advantage here (and please tell me if I'm wrong) since you already have the two girls. I don't think adding a 3rd to the mix would really be that big of an adjustment. Don't get me wrong- it'd be an adjustment no matter what- but ykwim :-)

    ReplyDelete