This probably isn't going to be the post you thought when you read the title. If you are a fan, please don't take offense.
I am utterly and completely shocked as to why this country is so torn up about Michael's death. Yes, he had some good songs in his earlier days but let's be real people. The world now has one less pedophile. Why are people sad when they should be thankful? This man did some very HORRIBLE things in his adult life. Yes, he had a bad childhood but so did his brothers and they didn't rape little boys. Not to mention hang their own children over a balcony by their feet.
His death has completely overshadowed the fact that 2 other GOOD celebrities have passed away this week. Farrah Fawcett, one of the world's most beautiful women. And Ed McMahon, a tv legend. As I watched the news, there were people lined up outside the hospital mourning for Michael Jackson. It just completely baffled me. There is no way these people have kids or they would be rejoicing that there is one less predator in the world.
Does my reasoning make sense to anyone else or am I just completely cold-hearted?? Like I said before, I don't mean to offend anyone but I just cannot comprehend people sometimes.
Communication has started
10 years ago


Honestly, I do not agree with you. It was never proven that he was in fact a pedophile. He had so much money; at least that was most of the public's perception. And when someone with that much money can be put in a situation where someone else can get their hands on it,you cannot believe what they have to say. There was too much to be gained by accusing Michael Jackson of all these things.
ReplyDeleteIf the first person that came forward pursued the lawsuit instead of settling for a large cash settlement, I would maybe have been more inclined to believe it. If you were convinced that your child had been molested, would money be enough to make it all better or would you seek justice?
He was a phenomenal artist and performer. That can be proved by all the records he sold, the sold out shows and all the awards. I was lucky enough to see him in his prime. All the rest is hearsay. So, I am sticking to what I know is true and proven.
We also need to remember that he has family, friends and fans that loved him. Out of respect for them, it is important to at least be respectful. I hope that Michael Jackson can now find that peace that he so desperately needed.
I am sad that he died, I heard on the news last night when they interviewed some of his closest friends that he was very lonely, so that makes me feel even worse. But I completely understand how you feel Lauren, personally I don't believe that every accusation made against him was purely for the gain of money, but I also do not think every accusation was true either. Either way, it's sad he died, but like you said, I don't understand what all the commotion is about.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment ladies! I am thankful that we can all be respectful of each other even though our opinions differ somewhat. Lisa, I do agree with you that the parents should not have taken the settlements. No amount of money would have stopped me from pursuing justice for my child. But I do not completely blame Michael. I feel these parents are also directly responsible for sending their children to Neverland Ranch after all the speculation. That is a risk I would never be willing to take with my child. I just feel like out of all the accusations, there had to be some amount of truth there. But thank you for your opinion and your respect when sharing it!
ReplyDeleteO I soo agree!!
ReplyDelete